President Pro Tempore Appointments to
Agencies, Boards, and Commissions
The Senate President Pro Tempore makes apppointments to numerous state agencies, boards, and commissions (ABCs). These entities cover a huge variety of subjects including agriculture, education, health care, public safety, and many more.
These entities have an important role in the oversight and regulation of important issues in Oklahoma, which is why President Pro Tempore Greg Treat is emphasizing appointments made by his office.
Pro Tempore Treat is seeking qualified, energetic, enthusiastic Oklahomans willing to serve and share their talents and expertise for the advancement of our state.
Here is a list of some of the upcoming appointments.
- Judicial Nominating Commission
- The State Council on Aging
- One position who is someone 60 or over from the public or private sector.
- Homecare, Hospice, and Palliative Care, three vacant positions
- one member who is an owner or administrator of an entity licensed in accordance with the Oklahoma Hospice Licensing Act
- one member who is an owner of administrator of an entity licensed with the Oklahoma Home Care Act
- one member who is a member of the palliative care patient advocacy community
- Consumer Protection Advisory Council
- one vacant position for a licensed radiologist, knowledgeable of consumer issues
- Public and Private Facilities and infrastructure Partnership Committee
- one vacant position with no specific qualifications
If you have an interest or expertise in these areas and would like to serve, or if you have questions about what other opportunities to serve on ABCs there may be, please click here to e-mail the Pro Tem’s Office.
You may also call Jamie Steele in the Pro Tempore’s Office at (405) 521-5771 for questions about the appointment process.